Making KU affordable


How can I find out about scholarships or financial aid from sources outside KU?

Check with community organizations, churches, clubs, and employers. The state of Kansas offers scholarships and grants for its high school graduates. Internet searches can be helpful; be wary of non-governmental sites that require a fee. (The state of Kansas requires a minimal fee to apply for state-administered scholarships.)

KU's scholarship search | Kansas Regents | |

Can scholarships affect my eligibility for financial aid?

Yes, sometimes receiving an outside scholarship reduces your financial aid award. To avoid repaying some of your financial aid later, report all outside scholarships to the Financial Aid and Scholarships office as soon as you are notified of them.

Should I have completed my taxes before filing the FAFSA?

Don't put off filing your FAFSA because your taxes aren't ready. The FAFSA allows you to estimate your taxes and then correct your application online after your taxes have been filed.

Can my parents take out a loan to help me?

Yes. A parent of a dependent undergraduate may apply for a Federal Direct Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS).

One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
KU Today