Making KU affordable

Summer Work-Study

The Summer term is a "trailer" at KU, meaning it is part of the previous academic year for aid purposes. To be eligible for Summer Federal Work-Study students must have filed a FAFSA for the previous academic year. Additional requirements include: 

  • Students must be enrolled in at least 3-credit hours in a KU-sponsored program. 
  • Students must file the Summer Request for Financial Aid (available here mid-February). 
  • Summer 2018 Federal Work-Study funds can be used from May 20, 2018 to August 11, 2018. 

Questions About Financial Aid?

Finacial First Aid Graphic

One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
KU Today